Saturday 23 June 2012

the trunk evolution

The humble vintage suitcase has evolved. From simple coffee table solutions, suitcase stack tables and even floating shelves, there are now many creative people up-cycling, refurbishing & repurposing vintage suitcases into even more functional decorator pieces.  These designer pet beds from Atomic Attic make me want to buy a small dog just so I can purchase one!



Loving these upholstered seats by South African brand Recreate, and yes they ship to Australia!


The guys at Ballarat based Australian company Trunk & Orderly have gone one step further and designed retro styled suitcases for the modern man,woman or child. From lunch boxes & travel cases to bespoke storage pieces. Check out the full scoop at The Design Files.


I almost forgot about the coolest trunk remodeling I have seen to date, The Boom case. Yes they are portable boom boxes made from vintage suitcases, need I say more?




No comments:

Post a Comment